Monday, 2/15 – Weather Update
Expect snowfall in the Chicago area by this afternoon’s commute. Stay warm – travel may be impacted. Use caution.
Heavy snow expected (1″-2″ per hour) beginning at noon today for the UIC campus and surrounding areas, with light lake effect snow continuing into tomorrow.
Highest snow amounts expected near the lake, with 8″-14″ possible due to lake effect.
The snow event will be accompanied by dangerously cold wind chills. Limit time outside to reduce the risk of frostbite.
- Complex Winter System
- Lake effect snow today into northeast IL including Chicago; heavy at times
- Widespread snow mid-afternoon through tonight; continued lake enhancement
- Continued cold; some shallow blowing snow in the country
- Main Impacts
- Snow rates in/near Chicago today
- This evening’s commute across much of the area due to snowfall; at times heavy
- Tuesday morning’s commute due to lingering impacts and likely continued snow in Chicago
Thank you to NWSChicago for the updates on the Winter Storm Warning (in place through noon Tuesday).