University of Illinois Ready
Continuity Planning Heading link
The University of Illinois Ready is a planning tool designed to maintain critical operations in the face of disruptive events.
Continuity planning must engage all sub-units of the campus, for academic, clinical, research, and business, for resilient operations. This questionnaire-style format is a cloud-based tool which can be used by any employee, as it employs a self-guided, easy-to-use methodology that requires essentially no user-training.
The continuity plans are able to be converted from electronic “fill-in-the-blank” format and printed as a PDF document.
Plans consist of:
- A prioritized list of the department’s critical functions with meaningful data about campus buildings, application criticality, and more
- Lists of 10 types of key resources
- A repository of necessary documents
- Important contacts and multiple methods to reach out
- Details of each section for the continuity of Information Technology (IT)
- Specific sections on the continuity of instruction (when applicable)
- High-level recovery strategies for all functions
- Action items to close recovery gaps and speed up plan completion
UI Ready Tool 2020 Updates Heading link
Updating the plan status has a new look! You can now manage your plan by keeping the plan status up-to-date and add comments. Previously plan status updates would not change, but they now do.
Access other sections of UI Ready just by navigating using the left sidebar navigation with just one click. This update makes it easier to navigate from section to section.
Now you can stay on top of all your action items. Action Items both assigned and unassigned can easily be viewed from your dashboard. From your dashboard, look for “My Action Items” for any action items assigned to you and “Unassigned Action Items” for any unassigned action items.
It’s all in the UI Ready reports! You can now request a report that lists all custom applications, the plans they are associated to, as well as the level of criticality for each.
Show off the dot! Add UIC’s logo to your PDF-generated from UI Ready Tool.
UI Ready is now more accessible. It’s at the top of the list of prioritized activities with even more improvements coming in 2020. Stay tuned for more!