Emergency Operations Policy Group
The Chancellor’s Emergency Operations Policy Group (EOPG) is represented by executive leadership responsible for maintaining the university mission and determining how UIC operations will be curtailed, and have the authority to streamline processes and procedures for a more efficient response.
The EOPG, chaired by the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, is activated when a significant emergency occurs and prominent direction is needed to evaluate the situation and consider policy issues which confront the university.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Policy-level decisions
- Evaluate institutional effects
- Authorize suspension of programs
- Address legal issues
- Fiscal authorizations
- Strategic prioritization
- High-level conflict resolution
- Waiving university polices to facilitate response and recovery (bid processes, paperwork requirements, HR or benefits changes, etc.)
- Communication with Offices of the Chancellor and the President, and other executive authorities
- Approve reallocation of resources across conventional boundaries