Behavioral Threat Assessment Team for Students (BTAT-S)
Population Served: Students (including prospective and former students)
How to Report:
- Student Conduct Reporting Form: uic.edu/conductIR
- Assistance and Support Referral Report: maxient.com/reportingform.php?UnivofIllinoisChicago&layout_id=2
- Contact the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Contact your Student Affairs Dean or Academic Affairs.
Once a Report is Submitted:
- Report immediately enters secure database.
- Automated notification is sent to Student Affairs Dean or Campus Dean of Academic Affairs.
- Report is reviewed by Dean of Students / BTAT-S.
- Reporting person will be contacted to confirm receipt of information.
- Respondent may be contacted for further information.
Potential Outcomes of Reports:
- Recommend no action, pending further observation.
- Assist faculty or staff in developing a plan of action.
- Refer student to existing on-campus support resources.
- Refer student to appropriate community resources.
- Make recommendations consistent with university policies and procedures.
Confidential Tracking and Documentation:
A searchable and confidential database must be maintained to identify faculty and staff of concern; information known; targets of possible acts or threats of violence; and a description of the response. Such recordkeeping is mandated by the legislation. Keeping reports and information separate from individual files and as confidential as feasible and appropriate for the situation will be important for protecting students, and to encourage openness and reporting.