The University is committed to providing a safe learning and working environment for its students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
In this regard, the University has created several safety plans and its oversight committees, to provide a management framework for preventing, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from incidents and emergencies that threaten the university community, or disrupt its programs and operations.
In case of a disaster/emergency, UIC promotes:
- Protection of life, property, and the environment;
- Support of the health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and visitors;
- Protection of critical infrastructure assets, and facilities;
- Maintenance of university services;
- Restoration of essential programs and general university operations; and
- Mineralization of the disruption of university operations and activities.