Floor Coordinators are individuals responsible for assisting with the orderly evacuation or sheltering-in-place of all personnel within their area of responsibility, and physically accounting for those individuals once convened at the Evacuation Assembly Area(s).
Role of Floor Coordinators
All actions should be done only if it is safe to do so.
- Emergency response personnel have full authority to order an evacuation. Floor Coordinators or Campus Incident Response Teams can initiate an evacuation and/or shutdown of the building.
- Individuals identified as Floor Coordinators assume the role voluntarily and understand they are not considered emergency responders.
- Floor Coordinators must be physically and emotionally able to perform the necessary functions of providing assistance with notification, evacuation, or sheltering-in-place.
- Floor Coordinators should report observations of persons in need of rescue assistance to emergency responders.
- Floor Coordinators should report observed damage of building systems to emergency responders.